To find solutions for common problems in Baltic Sea region in field of social exclusion and stigma concerning young and young adult persons suffering from mental health and social problems to increase their access to labour market.
Main objectives are
1) Promote the target groups access in to labor market,
2) Decrease stigma concerning mental health and social problems,
3) Increase social inclusion in societis, in communities and in labor market for the target group
4) Increase skills in social interaction in societies, communities and labor market for target group.
The projects attempt is to influence citizens and employers attitudes to become more positive to youth suffering from problems mentioned. Through the projects activities
1) Face-to-face meetings with inhabitants in defined areas in Finland and Estonia,
2) Face-to-face meetings with employers/employees,
3) Educational and training activities for target group and professionals,
4) Large media campaign; social inclusion increases, stigma decreases, social skills develops which all together increases the target groups access to labour market.
5) Communication including creation of common webb-page which shall be active even after the project.
The expected impacts also influnce the target groups life situation to become better.
The project is to be seen as interactive, members of the target group shall be active partners in co-operation in this project as well as their relatives and professionals. Culturally Estonia and Finland are quite similar and gross-border approach is of value as well for members of target group as for professionals within mental health and educational institutions. In the project also Non-governmental-organizations shall be involved. This kind of co-operative and interactive project, in the field of mental health and social problems, has not been realized in the area of Central Baltic earlier.
Follow-up of the project includes survey, beginning and the end and Field-studies
Expected Results (EN):
R4.1. Communities with improvements
Expected Outputs (EN):
6. Expected impact:- 3.000 citizens in Finland and Estonia shall be directly or indirectly involved during the project- 100 employers/employees shall be met during the project - 20 % more positive attitudes in societies and among employers/employees (measured by survey).- Stigma reduced by 20% (measured by survey)- Improved possibilities to employment for the target group (measured during the project)- 40 members of target group involved in education programs and/or other activities (measured by documentation)- Improved co-operation between public and non-governmental-organizations and working-organizations/employers (evaluation during the project)Project partners are convinced that these main results lead to improvement, especially in the communities involved, but can also have effect in other communities/parts of the participating countries. Projects development and results shall be spread by media and other channels.Impact shall be measured by survey in the beginning and the end of the project. Field-studies during the projects activities. Documentation of participating persons at the projects activities.