The project "Savouring Unique Nature - Bicycle-tourism in support of nature” aims to improve the quality of life in the cross-border region of Bulgaria and Macedonia by creating opportunities for sport, recreation, tourism and sustainable environmental management. The project is based on the advantages of cross-border region rich with many unique natural trails for bicycles and alternative tourism development. The project will explore the possibilities for cycling tourism and to build a common strategy for cooperation and protection of the environment in the border region. Also it will develop and border networks and cross-border tourism products in economic benefits to the local population by increasing the flow of visitors.
1. Studies and research of opportunities for improving the tourist services for developing a more active cycling tourism with the aim of sustainable development and environmental protection in CBR.
2. Elaboration of a common strategy and agenda for environmentally sustainable management of tourism and business in the region.
3. Built networks for cross border cooperation on environment, sport and youth exchanges and tourist business.
4. Enterpreneurs and organizations attracted in exchange of experience and good practices in implementing Corporate social responsibility in management – 50.
5. Exchange of know-how and implementation of innovative approaches to promote environmental initiatives, attracting participants (200 people) in these and their sustainable commitment to the idea.
6. Assembled Bicycle stands -10 pcs.
7. Joint eco-biking routes created and 10 guides trained.
8. Joint cross-border products created - 3.
9. Promotional materials and support tourism products developed:
Bike Travel Card - 1000 pcs.
Guide to species of wild products in CBR - 1000 pcs.
Promotional CD - 1000 pcs.
Promotional T-shirts and hats - 400 pcs.
Leaflets - 1000 pcs.
Advertising posters for event – 500 pcs.
Marking of tourist routes
Information boards at the bicycle routes – 32
12 Press Releases and 4 press confrerences held
The project has been successfully accomplished in July 2013.