The current project envisages activities focusing on better understanding the renewable energy (RE) use with stress on biomass and studying possibilities for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to build in technologies for biomass employment in their existing activities. Furthermore, the project will contribute to increased preparedness of the stakeholders to cope with the dynamic and challenging renewable energy market and energy efficiency issues. It will also contribute to creating new jobs and meet the 20x20x20 target of Bulgaria, and respectively EU. With view of current EU policies in the RE use and the already created knowledge base over the CB regional economic development the project partners joint forces to build up the achieved project results with emphasis on RE use for strengthening the cross-border territorial competitiveness and economic development.
The project envisioned and achieved the following results:
- Development of a study regarding renewable energy sources with stress on biomass. The study comprises analysis over different types of renewable energy resources with stress on biomass employment for various energy purposes: http://www.tf.ni.ac.rs/IPA_Bul_Ser/ipa_bulser.php
- Development of a study regarding biomass resources and the present potential of the usage for biogas production in the Nis, Zajecar and Jablanica (RS) and Sofia and Montana (BG) regions:
- Preparation of guidelines for SMEs “How to make own biogas installation”;
- Organization of 3 visits for representatives of SMEs and local stakeholders at existing biomass employment in Bulgaria and in Serbia;
- Organization of 2 open discussions, on 12/09/2013 in Kostinbrod, Bulgaria and on 23/09/2013 in Leskovac, Serbia. The general topic was “Increase of the energy efficiency and of the use of renewable energies from municipal and rural wastes through biogas production”;
- Organization of 2 press-conferences, and a two-day joint seminar in Sofia, Bulgaria on 29-30.11.2013. The seminar covered the topics of nature-friendly behaviour, environmental protection, fight against climate change challenges and the role of biogas production;
- Formulation of a methodology for development of educational course for entrepreneurs, students and decision makers;
The project was successfully completed in January 2014.